The personal & professional blog behind Fearless In Training.
6 months have past since we rang in the New Year. 2015 is already half way over. It has been 6 months since I made the decision to join Intuit. Coincidentally, it has been 6 months since I fully (re)committed to my fitness journey. Actually though, in retrospect, that is hardly a coincidence. Half a year in is a perfect time for reflection. It's a great time to ask, what have I accomplished so far, and what do I have left to achieve? This is a huge year in my life, and of course, like most things I do, I have set out with a laundry list of goals to accomplish. Heck, even the vast majority of people who aren't nearly as hyper-active and overachieving as I am tend to come up with New Years resolutions. Half way though seems like a good time to pause and look at what those resolutions were and check in with how we are doing.
I try to keep mine to five or less a year. Seems like a small enough number, but some of these suckers have proven to be large and lofty:
1. Get a passport and use it.
2. Buy a guitar and learn to play it reasonably well.
3. Kick ass at my new job.
4. Get in the best shape of my life.
5. Fall back in love.
Yeah, not a list for the faint of heart. But here is the real question...how am I doing?
1. No passport yet, but major ambitions for a 10 day trip to Bali for my birthday in December. My goal is to get my stuff together in order to apply for passports and purchase tickets within the next month.
2. The guitar has been purchased, and has sat very lonely in the corner of my office for months. With the number of musicians in my immediate friends & family, there really is no excuse to not have tackled this one yet. Time to get on it.
3. Intuit's fiscal year actually wraps up at the end of this month, and I have been touching base with leadership and colleagues, and overall things seem to be going outstanding. Feels pretty damn good, and I absolutely love my work. #winning.
4.This is a work in progress (*ahem* see my last post...). But I can say that I am stronger, faster, and have more energy than I have had in years. The results are starting to come, and that feels great. Now I just have to keep at it.
5. Also a work on progress, and I think that it always be. Two priorities for my life right now are falling in love with myself, and falling in love with the world. Rumor has it when you get those two down, all the other kinds seem to magically appear.
What about you? Where do you stand with your goals? Is it time to check in? What do you have left to conquer this year?